Under Australian law, a person who wishes to operate as a Migration Consultant or Agent must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).
Migration Expert confirms that its Migration Consultants are all registered with MARA which is responsible for administering the Code of Conduct.
The Code of Conduct is intended to regulate the conduct of Migration Consultants. Amongst the requirements of the Code, is the ability of Consultants to demonstrate good character as well as competency in the provision of Australian immigration advice.
A copy of the Code of Conduct can be found in Schedule 2 of the Migration Consultants Regulations 1998. A copy of the Information on the Regulation of the Migration Advice Profession can be found by clicking here.
As Registered Migration Agents, Members of the Migration Institute of Australia and Members of the Law Society of New South Wales we act under strict Code of Conduct and ethical requirements:
Code of conduct [pdf download]
In addition, we work to our own code of ethics
- At our core is an unshakeable commitment to working ethically and professionally. The following points set out our minimum standards in a number of areas:
- A commitment to complete confidentiality and discretion across all areas of our work.
- We will only accept an instruction if we genuinely believe we can deliver. To do otherwise would damage both our reputation and that of our client;
- We will be completely transparent in our work. We believe that clients have a right to know the precise status of their visa application;
- All communication with clients will be regular, candid and honest;
- The Migration Consultant entrusted with the brief will be the person who completes it. It will not be passed to a less qualified person behind the scenes.